Ever wondered why you should learn French?
Let’s break it down in a way that hits home. Learning French isn’t just about words; it’s like stepping into a whole new world.
Why Learn French?
Research has proven that learning new languages has positive effects on our personality and behavior. When we learn a new language we also learn a new culture. When we learn about a new culture, we think and learn about things beyond our imagination.
So, why learn French?
I suggest an experiment. Next time, speak out some common French words like – bonjour (Hello), voilà, Salut (hi), Merci (thanks), and S’il vous plaît (please) when you are with your friends. They will hold you in awe when you tell them that you are learning French.
It’s said that French people, especially men, are irresistible. What makes them so irresistible? Let’s find out.
- France is known for Fashion. Fashion is an important aspect of French culture, social life, and economy. More often than not, French people will impress you with their impeccable Fashion sense.
- The French Attitude. French people are known to be forthright, they look into your eyes when talking to you. They express their emotions without inhibitions. If they don’t like it, they say it, loud and clear.
- Oh! So passionate in whatever they do. Poetry, art, travel, food, reading, sports – French people are passionate about what they do. Talk to them and you’ll know how deeply they do and believe in what they love.
- Expression and communication – it’s rare to find a French person who is quiet and uncommunicative. With a French person around, you can talk about anything. They will be able to talk with you freely and give interesting insights about the latest trends, environment, social issues, politics and of course wine and cheese
You may never be able to meet or talk to Victor Hugo or Alexandre Dumas, but when you learn French you read and listen to famous and published content. The best investment is to invest in yourself and learning French can be an investment for lifelong returns.
Ok, what else?
The reasons to learn French are many. (Source:https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/studying-in-france/learning-french/article/10-good-reasons-for-learning)
- A world language. More than 300 million people across the globe speak French. French is the second most widely learned foreign language after English, and the fifth most widely spoken language in the world.
- Taught in every country. French and English are the only languages that are taught in every country of the world.
- A language for the international job market. The ability to speak French and English is an advantage in the international job market. Knowledge of French improves your job prospects in French companies in France and parts of the world.
- The language of culture. French is the international language of cooking, fashion, theater, visual arts, dance and architecture. A knowledge of French offers access to great works of literature in the original French, as well as films and songs.
- A language for tourism & travel. France is the world’s top tourist destination and attracts more than 87 million visitors a year. The ability to speak a little French makes it so much more enjoyable to visit Paris and all the regions of France, and offers insights into France’s culture and way of life. French also comes in handy when traveling to French-speaking parts of the world.
- A language for higher education. Speaking French opens up opportunities to study at renowned French universities and business schools, ranked among the top higher education institutions in Europe and the world.
- The other language of international relations. French is both a working language and an official language of the United Nations, the European Union, UNESCO, NATO, the International Olympic Committee, the International Red Cross and international courts. French is the language of the three cities where the EU institutions are headquartered: Strasbourg, Brussels and Luxembourg.
- A language that is fun to learn French is an easy language to learn. There are many methods that make learning French enjoyable for children and adults alike.
- A language for learning other languages French is a good base for learning other languages, especially Romance languages (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian) as well as English, since a significant percentage of English vocabulary is derived from French.
- The language of love and reason. Learning French is the pleasure of learning a beautiful, rich, melodious language that is often called the language of love. French is also an analytical language that structures thought and develops critical thinking, which is a valuable skill for discussions and negotiations.
But, how do I start learning French?
Where there is a will there surely is a way, more so with the Internet and Google. There are innumerable online resources on the web to learn French at home. You can try the following suggestions to begin learning French :
- Join a beginners’ batch at a French school near you
- There are many online French language E-learning platforms like skillshare, Udemy, etc.
- Watch French films, songs and new channels… You can also read our blog on ‘Fun ways to learn french easily‘.
- Get help from French speaking friends, or make one
- Listen and practice everyday – that’s how a child learns a language
- If you still have questions on why and how to learn French quickly, please feel free to Contact us!